Benefits of Joomla
Joomla! is free open source and available to anyone under the GPL license. Great new features and improvements are added with each release. With the help and advice of an incredible user community Joomla has become an award-winning application.
Joomla is well supported by a community of developers and service providers. Most web hosting service providers support Joomla installations. In essence, Joomla is fast growing with a great support structure.
One of the best things about Joomla! is how easy it is to add or modify content, including images and multimedia, and organizing and managing important data.
The real power of Joomla is found in the application architecture that enables thousands of developers around the world to create powerful add-ons and extensions to this powerful content management system
Here is a brief list of some of these extensions. For a comprehensive list visit the Joomla Extensions directory
- Dynamic form builders
- Image and multimedia galleries
- E-commerce and shopping cart engines
- Forums and chat software
- Blogging software
- Email newsletters
- Data collection and reporting tools
- Banner advertising systems
- Subscription services
Below is a list of some other features and benefits of Joomla CMS.
- Database driven site engines- helps separate content from code and design.
- Content sections fully editable and manageable – you dont need to be a developer to add content.
- Article content can be added to by contributing authors
- Fully customizable layouts – there are thousands of templates to choose from so you can change the look and feel of your site without affecting the main content
- Browser upload of images to your own library for use anywhere in the site
- Dynamic Forum/Poll/Voting booth for on-the-spot results
- Tons of third party extension eg subscription site, alternative editors
- Runs on Linux, Windows, FreeBSD, MacOSX server, Solaris and AIX
- Change order of objects including news, FAQs, articles etc.
- Random Newsflash generator
- User manager – allow or disallow user registrations
- Menu manager helps make your site navigation a breeze.
- Restricted content – you control access to articles for eg public or registered
- Remote author submission module for News, Articles, FAQs and Links
- Content hierarchy – as many sections, categories and articles as you want
- Image library – store your multi-media content online for easy use
- Automatic Path-Finder. Place a picture and let Joomla! fix the link
- News feed manager. Choose from news feeds from around the world
- Archive manager. Put your old articles into cold storage rather than throw them out
- Email-a-friend, PDF and Print-format for every story and article
- In-line Text editor for easy article writing.
- Polls/Surveys – You can put a different ones on various pages
- Template Manager. Download templates and implement them quickly
- Layout preview. See how it looks before going live